Wednesday, January 21, 2015

23:35 of the Soprano

Yellow there!
In the middle of the most boring holidays with the tension caused by the results for this semester but am glad that the 5th semester has already passed. It was pretty hard tho, i had this one subject and it values 4 sks, so the lecture was going like forever and its tasks was like they wont stop coming. But i actually pretty enjoyed the lecture cause the Professor was really good on explaining things, though he forced us to bought like almost a dozen of books and we had to bring them all in class, but then i glad that i still enjoyed it. The lecture not those tasks. And surprisingly, i just ended up with B which is pretty ... annoying ... but i guess i deserve it since i abandoned some tasks. he he. And for the rests of the subjects i'm still waiting for the scores *finger cross*. So i guess, that's the 5th  semester. Wasn't that good and wasn't that bad. C'est comme ci comme ça.

Anyways, the reason why i'm typing this post it's because i realize that i have the MUSIC label on my right tab bar and as i remembered i haven't made any post which described what is music to me and what kind of music i am. So here it is boom .. booom... boomm...
First of all, let me declare this to you that, Music is everything to my life *blaah cliché*. But it is. It really is cause it's impossible that me without music. And music impacted my days, my personalities and my point of view a lot, like the way i think of something could be different between before i had listening to one of the really good damn song, lyrically and/or musically, and after i have listening to it. It's sort of like that.
yeah it is.
well this kind of declaration and description is lame right?
shit.

Move on!
So, i like almost every kind of music. But mostly i enjoyed soul, jazz, RnB, pop, and other kind of normal music. I love the instrumental too! -don't underestimate me. My taste is not that shallow *glasses on*- All my love goes to Miles Davis and John Coltrane. I also enjoyed myself to Classical. Well, this one is pretty new for me, but not that new actually. I've met them when i took a basic piano lessons and when i was one of the member of the Classical children choir when i was like 13 or something. But i was not have that huge interest with the genre. I was sung and played it just as a lessons and nothing more. But things have changed ever since I've joined the Choir in my campus. I started to like it and have an interest to the genre and wanna being a real and pro chorister *amen*. I'm still a moron tho with this genre and still confuse in dividing whether it is a Baroque, Renaissance, Early or other kind of classics. But i'm willing to learn about them all. I also take i private course to improve my singing skill especially in classic. And it surprises me that my vocal cords are more comfort singing this kind of musics than others. While, honestly, i am more enjoy singing or playing with some groovy or jazzy or soul or other kind of those genres. But it turns out that i love Music more with its varieties. It makes me 'rich'.

Talking about classics i have these songs which are my favorite so far.



Well that's all i guess hehe. So far. I've been sing almost of the songs, but not (yet) with the Seal Lullaby by Eric Whitacre and the Ronde sung by Chanticleer but it will be performing soon! So exciting and stressed me out. It's quite hard. And i'm still waiting for a chance to sing the Whitacre's. I looveee his chords that he used. So beautiful!

I guess that's it about the classic that i know and i like so far. This kind of post really excites me so i guess more to come with other genres *yippie*.

To be a chorister for me is an honored actually cause this is just kind of my place. I do really love to sing and singing  in Choir has a different energy and it feels amazing. I don't know how to describe. But the most big motivation why i decided to dedicate myself into music especially in this chorister thing, is my coach's quote. He said "For all these times, music is always there for you. When you're sad music's there for cheering you up and when you're happy music's also there for you. So now, this is your turn to do something for music. Make it alive and everlasting"

xx,
T

No comments:

Post a Comment

A cup of my words need some sugars from you guys :)